Tuesday 21 April 2009

Ident 1 - Components - Space Station

A Space Station!? All this modelling, texturing and work for something to fall apart in seconds? Now that seems like such a waste of time! Funny you should say that...
To make the Goliath which will fall onto the stage; I pretty much sat gluing cylinders, cones and spheres together. It took a few attempts (Not as many as the magnet sign, however), but in the end; I grabbed a photo of a space station and worked from that...

Yes, yes, I know it looks like a Ray Cannon. Bear with me a second...


It's still a Ray Cannon... only now it has a silencer. Yes, I'm aware of that...

Ok... now I don't even know what that is... a bent telescope?

A bent telescope with radar?

Ooooh! It's a space station! Nice...

With solar panels now properly added (Via a simple texture and bump map); the station might actually be able to stay in orbit... until of course an electromagnet has its way...

I tried a basic metalic texture on the station... but it just didn't seem to work. It still seemed to 'clean'. So instead of messing around trying to create my own space station texture... why not use a real space station to do the job? After all; a space station looks most like a space station (Sage, Captain Pineapple... sage)

Now that's more like it! To be honest; it's still an ugly piece of scrap, but it's a lot more presentable now. That'll be so nice to break into itty bitty pieces...

No comments: